25 Gift Ideas for Kids Who Travel
It’s the most wonderful time of the year!
You know, running around looking for Christmas gifts for all of those impossibly-hard-to-shop-for people in your life? Oh, what fun! 🙂
With only a few weeks before December 25th rolls around, my mind instantly shifts to Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. Each year I promise myself I’ll do better than the last, avoiding the last minute rush. So I’ve been making my list and checking it twice, and have been spotting some pretty cool travel finds for kids in the mean time!
If you’re stuck in a rut and looking for some inspiration, here are 25 gift ideas perfect for kids who travel!
Note: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through these links, we may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you)! Thanks for supporting the blog in this way.
Travel Gear Gifts
Travel gear gifts are perfect for traveling kids that already seem to have everything. Here’s a few ideas for things just about any kid can use.
1. Kids’ Digital Camera | I’ve had my eye on this one, because unlike most kid-friendly cameras, it actually takes decent quality photos (5 megapixel as opposed to 1 or 2)! This one from VTech is also a popular choice among parents for its durability.
2. Backpack | There are soooo many cute backpacks to choose from. Evelyn really loves her mini Fjallraven, which is just the right size for kids. You can read more about my favorite picks for toddler backpacks here!
3. Rolling Suitcase | These adorable ones from SkipHop almost make pulling your own luggage fun! 🙂
4. Kids’ Travel Journal | I like this open-ended one with room for drawing and writing prompts. We’re not quite at the age to use one yet, but soon!
6. Special Clothes for an Upcoming Trip | If you know of a trip your little traveler will be taking soon, why not splurge on some special items they’ll need anyway? Rain boots, a hat & mittens, or a new swimsuit will all be more exciting knowing they’ll be put to use soon!
7. Cute luggage tags | Stocking stuffers, anyone?
8. Address Book & Postcard Stamps | Empower kids to write back home with this mini address book, along with a book of postcard stamps![irp]
For families that travel a lot, having more “stuff” can simply weigh everybody down. Opt for experiential gifts that allow kids to explore somewhere new (either at home or on the road!)
9. Tickets to a museum, adventure park, or zoo
10. Tickets to a concert, play, or movie
11. Gift card to a favorite treat shop | What kid doesn’t love going to the ice cream shop!?
13. iTunes or Amazon Gift Cards | Great for purchasing new books, audiobooks or even educational apps.
Monthly subscription boxes can be the gift that keeps on giving! Start kids off with their first month or two.
15. Universal Yums | I’ve been dying to try Universal Yums, which delivers a new box of tasty treats from around the world each month. They come highly recommended by other traveling families!
16. Epic! | The “Netflix for books”, kids have access to a full library of over 25,000 digital books for just $7.99/month!
17. Little Passports | Kids learn about a new country each month through activity pages, souvenirs and online bonus activities.[irp]
Travel Games & Activity Gifts
Finding small, travel-friendly activities is always a challenge for parents. Help them out with these favorites.
21. Story Cubes | Simple, entertaining, and ultra-portable!
Looking to teach your children the value of giving back during the holidays? Try these charitable gift resources.
23. Help Families in Need | Through World Vision’s online gift catalog, you can choose a charitable gift to give to citizens of developing nations, ranging from a $16 soccer ball to $110 for a goat and 2 chickens. Heifer International is another great option for charitable gift-giving to poorer communities.
24. World Wildlife Fund | Kids can help protect wild animals and their habitat by adopting an animal. Each donation comes with a cute adoption kit.
25. Oxfam Shop | This collection of ethical gifts supports local artisans while giving you a unique gift at the same time! From toys to food and books, there’s a little something for everyone.
What fun and unique gift ideas have you come up with for your travel loving kids?